I’m all about easy weeknight dinners…and this is another one of those! Creamy Wild Rice & Mushroom Soup for the win!
-1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
-1 Pound Sliced Mushrooms
-1 Cup Celery, Chopped
-1 Cup Carrots, chopped
-1 Medium Shallot, Chopped
-1/4 Cup Flour
-Salt and Pepper to taste
-1/3 Cup White Wine
-1 Teaspoon Thyme
-4 Cups Vegetable Broth
-1 Cup Wild Rice
-3/4 Cup Tofutti ‘Sour Cream’
-2 Tablespoons Parsley
***This was the first time I have made the soup. I decided to add asparagus, but I’m not sure I will add them again next time!
- Cook rice to instructions on box
- Use a medium sized pot, large enough for soup.
- Heat oil over medium heat. Add mushrooms, celery, carrots, shallot, asparagus, and cook, stirring often, until vegetables are softened
- Stir in flour, salt and pepper, and cook ~ two minutes, stirring constantly
- Add white wine and thyme. Increase heat to medium – high heat and cook for two more minutes
- Add broth and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer
- Add cooked rice
- Add ‘sour cream’ and parsley
- Mix well, serve, and enjoy!