This is an easy week night meal…healthy and light for those summer nights!
-1 Cup Quinoa
-1/4 Cup Vegetable Broth
-1/3 of a Red Onion
-1 Clove Garlic, minced
-1 Cup Edamame, frozen
-1 Zucchini, chopped
-2 Cups Kale, de-stemmed
-Salt and Pepper to taste
***Mushrooms were not in the original recipe but if I have them in my fridge ,and can add them to my meal, I do!
Tahini Lemon Dressing Ingredients:
-1/4 Cup Tahini —> Tahini is a sauce originated in the Middle East made from ground sesame seeds !
-1/4 Cup Fresh Lemon —> approximately one whole lemon
-1 Tablespoon Maple Syrup or Agave Nectar —> I am a Vermont girl who hates Maple Syrup so I opted for the Agave
-Seal Salt to taste
- Prepare dressing in small bowl by adding all ingredients together…whisk until smooth
- Cook quinoa to package instructions
- In separate pan, heat vegetable broth and saute onion with garlic for about 1 minute
- Add edamame and zucchini (and mushrooms) and cook for about 5 minutes
- Add kale last and cook for about 1 minute until softened
- Season with salt and pepper
- Scoop quinoa into a bowl, top with vegetable mixture, and drizzle on the dressing